*While using scissors and a hole punch is a great way to practice fine motor skills for older kids, please make sure an adult is around to help out the little ones with this activity.
What You Will Need:
- A print out of the downloadable “Make a Yowie Party Hat” sheet
- Tape or glue
- Colored markers/pencils
- Hole punch
- Using your markers or pencils, color in the design on your party hat. You will get to wear this party hat later on, so get creative and colorful!
- Once you have finished decorating your party hat, carefully cut out along the lines.
- Using the hole punch, punch two holes on the paper where it says “Create a hole and tie string here”.
- Next, fold over the paper so that it makes a cone shape. Using glue or tape, secure the hat into its shape along the section of the paper that says “Glue or tape here”.
- Once your party hat is stuck together, it’s time to cut a piece of string which will be used to secure your hat on your head! Make sure it is just the right length – we don’t want your hat to be too loose or too tight!
- Next, thread and tie one end of the string through one of the holes you created. Once this is done, do the same to the other hole with the other end of the string.
- Congratulations, you made your own party hat! Now you can have fun wearing it to your party!