Create a creepy-crawly friend using your Yowie capsules. This engaging activity is the ultimate way for insect-lovers to get crafty!
What You Will Need:
- 4 Yowie capsules, halved
- 4 pipe cleaners
- Sticky tape
- Double sided tape
- Using your scissors, cut 4 pipe cleaners in half. (You may need a parent to help with this!)
- Tuck the middle section of the pipe cleaner into a Yowie capsule half and secure inside with tape.
- Repeat this process until 6 capsule halves have pipe cleaner legs.
- Then turn one of the capsule halves with legs over and link it to a capsule without legs, securing with tape. This will form the head of the caterpillar.
- Continue to add the capsule halves with legs to the caterpillar, securing each time with tape.
- Cut two small squares out of double-sided tape and push the eyes on to the head of the caterpillar. (You may need a parent to help with this!)
- Place the remaining pipe cleaners into the inside of the caterpillar’s head and secure with tape.
- Bend the pipe cleaners around the capsule so they face upwards like antennas.
- Squeeze a capsule half onto the bottom of the caterpillar’s head so it sits up from the rest of the body!